1. About us
Face II Face Media Ltd is a registered data controller (company number A8256109) in relation to the processing of any personal information in connection with our services.
If you have any queries relating to our use of your personal information or any other related data protection questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The information we collect or receive and how we use it
2.1 PetPerks’s Members email
We collect your email address when you register to receive PetPerks members email. We usually send our email monthly, but on occasion we may send a “special” edition. We only send these special editions when we have something really important to share with you and it doesn’t happen very often.
If you wish to stop receiving PetPerks Members email, you can do so at any time by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’.
We collect your email and IP addresses if you register as a participant in our Forum. We use: (i) your email address to send you your password to enable you to log in to our Forum or to send you email notices if you have elected to receive them on this page; (ii) your email and IP address for admin, troubleshooting and investigatory purposes; and (iii) your email and IP addresses in accordance with clause 2.5 below. When you register, you can choose whether to permit your email address to be viewable by other users of the Forum. If you complete the profile facility in our Forum, it will be viewable by other users.
We don’t pre-moderate content posted on our Forum or any of the communications between our users (eg, private messaging). However, we may record and use particular communications that are posted in connection with any investigation of any possible misuse of the Forum or any other communication systems that we operate.
2.3 Product Application Forms
We may collect personal information from you when you request certain products via forms on our Site. If we need to pass your information to a third party in order to meet your request, we will make it clear at the time you submit your details. In accordance with clause 6, we recommend that you read the privacy policies of those third parties. Please note we may use the information you submit in accordance with clause 2.5 below.
2.4 Internal reporting, insight and analysis
We may also use the information referred to in this clause 2 to generate aggregated, anonymised data for the purposes of internal reporting, insight and analysis, enabling us to improve and personalise our Site, the services we offer and search results for our Site. Where necessary this exercise may be carried out on our behalf by a third party – please see clause 3 below.
2.5 Our Brands
PetPerks.co.uk is a Face II Face Media Limited Brand. PetPerks.co.uk specific way of operating is governed by the legally binding Editorial Code. This includes that:
- Any information about you, including contact details (as opposed to aggregated or anonymised user behaviour data), we gather while operating our Site shall not be tracked or otherwise used by a Face II Face Media Limited Brand (except for internal reporting, accounting or compliance purposes) without your informed consent;
- If you give separate informed consent for your information to be shared across the Face II Face Media Limited Brand (e.g., thepetshow.co.uk, petmagazine.co.uk), it may then be used to speed up form filling, or to personalise, or improve your experience if you then go to those websites;
- If we send you directly to a Face II Face Media Limited Brand’s website or you visit them independently, your information shall be subject to those websites’ privacy policies; and
- Any of your information, including contact details, gathered while operating our Site shall not be sold to third parties.
3. Disclosure of the information we collect
The personal information you enter when registering on our Site or that we collect when you use our Site is confidential and except in the circumstances mentioned below, we will not disclose it to any third party.
We may disclose the information described at clause 2 to a third party in the following circumstances:
- If required or permitted to do so by law;
- If required to do so by any court, or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, governmental or law enforcement agency;
- If necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings;
- In line with our own Terms and Conditions of Use
4. Subject Access Requests
Under data protection legislation you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. At our discretion, we may charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Please address requests and questions about this to us at email@example.com.
Some third-party technology we use (e.g., embedded videos, social sharing) also drop cookies to improve your experience on their sites.
For details on what cookies we do use, information on how to stop them being stored or how to delete ones already stored, read our Cookies Policy.
7. Security Policy
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us so we store and process your personal information in accordance with the high standards required under data protection legislation.
You may complete a registration process when you sign up to use parts of our Site. This may include the creation of a username, password and/or other identification information. Any such details should be kept confidential by you and should not be disclosed to or shared with anyone. Where you do disclose any of these details, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken on our Site where they are used. To protect your account, we ask you to choose a strong password to access your data on our Site. A strong password should include a mixture of letters and numbers. Your password can only be reset with access to the email address registered in our system.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, we can’t guarantee its security. By using our Site you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.